Keeping Safe During COVID-19
Thank you for entrusting us with the care of your beloved pet. Although a lot has changed over the last few months, our commitment to being here to provide the best medical care for our patients while keeping the safety of our staff and clients a priority.
We at Liverpool Animal Health Center take the health and safety of our patients, clients, and staff very seriously. In an effort to keep everyone healthy so that we can continue to provide the very best care for your pets, all appointments will be car-side only until further notice. We will not be allowing clients into the hospital to help prevent the spread of illness (there may be exceptions for certain pets). If you have a concern about making an appointment for any reason and your pet needs to be seen, please call us at 315.622.2882 and we will work with you to ensure your pet gets the care they need.
We have adopted “Car-side Service” at our hospital to limit the number of non-staff members inside the building. We kindly ask: Any clients interacting with a staff member must wear a mask. You can expect our team member to be wearing a mask too, as it is for your protection as well as theirs. When you arrive at our hospital, please stay in your car with your pet and call the hospital at 315.622.2882.
If you are picking up a prescription or food, we will process your payment over the phone and then bring your items out to you.
If you are arriving for an appointment, when you call the hospital one of our staff will find out the nature of your pet’s needs and will let you know the plan to bring your pet into the building while you wait in the comfort of your car. The doctor will examine your pet inside and then call you, create a plan with you, and go over an estimate. At the end of your visit, we can process your payment over the phone and bring your pet back out to you.
Here are some tips to make your appointment go as smoothly and safely as possible:
- If you are dropping off your pet, we will have already emailed you a drop off form to fill out. Please bring this to the hospital and we will take it into the hospital along with your pet. The doctor will call you later to discuss the treatment plan for your pet.
- If you are stopping by to pick your pet up from surgery or a drop off appointment, we will bring out all dispensed food/medication and discharge instructions along with your pet to your car.
- If you are here for an exam, we will take your pet inside the hospital while you wait in the car and the doctor will call you to discuss their findings. Please plan to stay in your car for the duration of your appointment.
- If your pet requires diagnostics/treatments that require a longer hospital stay, a doctor will let you know that it is OK to leave and return for your pet later in the day.
- For their safety, please bring your pet on a secure leash/harness, or in a carrier. Do not let go of your pet's leash until the doctor or technician has secured them.
- Please make sure your cell phone is charged and not on silent. We will be calling you when we are ready to get your pet, when the doctor has completed their exam, and for payment.
Please remember if you are not feeling well, are self-quarantined or a high-risk patient please do not come to hospital for both your own safety and the safety of others. Ask a friend or family member to bring your beloved pet to the hospital and we are happy to call and discuss everything with you.
Please contact us with any questions you may have about our safety protocols.