Cats Need Care Too
We know that it can be tough to get our feline friends in for a Wellness Exam. But even young indoor cats need to come in and get their nose-to-tail examinations at least once a year. Just like dogs, cats age more quickly than people — on average about seven years for each of our years.
Get ahead of the game (and save some money too!) with our Paws4Wellness preventative care plans. Learn more about our available packages.
Annual examinations can pick up any changes, such as a heart murmur, or kidney changes before they become serious. If caught early enough, medication can be added, or diet changed to prolong the life of your furry companion. Most importantly, cats are adapt at hiding illness and injury. So when you see them acting differently, it’s very important to bring them to one of our veterinarians for an exam. At Liverpool Animal Health Center we take special care to make sure your cat will have the best visit possible.
Here are some tips for how the make the trip easier for you and your cat:
- Choose a cat carrier with a top that easily opens or lifts off.
- Keep the carrier out in the open in a safe place so your cat can adjust to going in and out. Throw treats inside from time to time to give your cat a treat for going in.
- Feed your cat inside the carrier.
- When your cat looks comfortable, start taking him or her on a tour of the house. When that feels good, start with short trips in the car.
- Make the trip as rewarding as possible. Offer treats and calming language. Keep the loud music and sharp turns to a minimum, especially during the first few trips.
- When you make your trip to our hospital bring along a favorite toy and/or a blanket with familiar smells.
- Most importantly keep your cool! Cats can sense our emotions, if you’re calm, it will help them feel better, too.
“Such an amazing experience at a veterinarian office”- Tabitha G.
“Given the utmost care & treatment”- Kate F.
“My family will be back! Thanks for a great experience!”- Traci K.
Committed to Exceeding Client Expectations
We have a skilled and educated team of vets who love animals, big and small, and are ready to listen to your needs.
Excellent Practice Standards in the Veterinary Field
We are Accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and New York State Veterinary Medical Society (NYSVMS).
Devoted to the Longevity and Health of Your Pet
We’re here to help and educate you on responsible pet care and preventive health care so you can be ready to assist your loved one throughout every stage of their life.